Document Control Specialist
5570 Hog Island Road Surry, VA 23883 US
Top Required Skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, including attention-to-detail
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- Motivated / self-driven
The Digital Project Team is seeking an individual who will be responsible for coordinating the distribution and tracking of various engineering & technical documents from our contracted engineering companies and equipment suppliers to the relevant internal stakeholders (both at the site and corporate office levels). The successful candidate will also be responsible for tracking the progress of the document review process as well as reporting out during team meetings as to the status of the reviews. This will ensure that the Project Managers and assigned schedulers will be able to be fully aware of the status of the many moving parts of our complex projects.
The successful candidate is required to be a strong communicator as well as possess strong organizational skills which will allow them to efficiently track multiple documents over multiple projects all working in parallel. It is desired, but not required, for the candidate to have experience with technical engineering documents (drawings, calculations, specifications, etc). It is also desired, but not required, that the candidate is capable of creating and using an electronic tracking database which can be used by various team members as necessary to determine document review status at any given time.
The successful candidate shall be capable of interfacing with various departments and organizations. It is desired for the individual to be an effective team player but also being fully capable of working independently with minimal oversight.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to lead, collaborate, or work effectively in a variety of teams, including multi-disciplinary teams
Nice to Have Skills:
- Knowledge of technical documents (engineering drawings, calculations, specifications, etc)
- Ability to create / use a Microsoft Access database (or similar) to track deliverables
- Knowledge of project schedules (ability to understand and provide updates as needed)
Preferred Years of Experience:
- 2-5 years of experience
- Minimum highschool diploma required
- Power generation / similar utilities
- Experience with major construction projects
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.