500 East Reynolds Rd Arkadelphia, AR 71923 US
Pay Rate: $35-50hr
- As Document Controller you will be part of the Project team which supports the various disciplines of Engineers on the team along with the Project Management and the Owner’s engineering team.
- To ensure that all Documentation pertaining to the Project is handled, stored and distributed per the individual requirements of the project.
- To provide a service to a Project Team in order that Project Director, Owner’s Engineers and discipline Engineers can concentrate on deliverables to the client.
- Document and project filing
- Act as the focal point for the control of project documentation during the whole project delivery.?
- Ensure the implementation of the document control system on the project, in particular to:
- Issuing and receiving of controlled documentation and creation of general electronic transmittals to the Project Stakeholders (including team, Client (if any), partners, vendors, contractors, subcontractors, and suppliers.
- Management of technical documents during Basic Engineering phase, including management of the document register, receipt and transmittal of documents, and follow up of comments on documents.
- Archiving, retrieval and storage of documentation adhering to company standards and policies.
- Maintaining the Document Control with the issue, receipt and tracking of all engineering and EPC contractors and supplier deliverables through the lifecycle of the Project.
- Assist with the Development and Implementation of all necessary Procedures to ensure that Document Management System is carried out at optimum effectiveness.
- Filing of project documents and drawings in conjunction with project and corporate naming and numbering procedure.
- All information created, reviewed and published aligns with classification scheme and company retention and disposal guidelines.
- Assisting in Quality audits with quality checks and audits of the Document Management System, identifying and correcting any anomalies.
- System administration: for example permissions and security settings, new projects, user accounts, templates etc.
- Training, direction and support to project and third party users on use of Document Management System and Information Management protocols.
- Establish archive of pre-project documents, (preliminary, conceptual and pre-project studies).
- Administration of all Engineering, final deliverables and closeout reports, together with appropriate archive system
- Develop and manage the Project Documentation, including the procedures, statistics and appropriate archiving such that all relevant documentation produced during the project life can be readily and efficiently recorded, distributed, tracked and retrieved at all times.
- The awareness of all necessary procedures to ensure that Document Management System is carried out at optimum effectiveness.
- General document control activities such as photocopying, scanning, quality checking of metadata and documents.
- Data entry into content management system ensuring data validation and revision control.
- Undertaking any other duties that may be required from time to time.
- Manage or supervise all project documentation flows (paper and electronic).
- Special project related activities / tasks assigned by the Project Director and or the Owner’s Engineer.
- Educated to a degree level (or equivalent work related experience)
- 3/5 years in a document control position
- Previous experience as a Junior Document Controller or in project administration preferred
- Experience in project administration for engineering industry
- Computer literacy required and knowledge of document management systems preferred
- Educational Attainments: Quality standard of general education required
- EPC industry experience with claims management
- Working with BOX Relay document control platform a plus
- Working with Google suite platform a plus
- Experience using an ERP system
- Technical / Business Skills
- Good Practice of Microsoft Excel / Google sheet (intermediary skill level)
- Acceptable command of written and spoken English
- Understanding of Document Control processes
- Experience and understanding of Supplier and Engineering documentation
- 3 years’ experience in Thermal or Incineration projects
- Understanding of Document Control processes
- Acceptable communication skills
- Must be dynamic and adaptable
- Organised, able to manage multiple deadlines & prioritise
- Reliable, demonstrates consistent approach and follows up queries
- Ability to produce good written reports in the language of the contract
- Able to deputise for superiors when required
- Team player
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.