Electrical CAD Technician
530 West Spring Street Columbus, OH 43215 US
- The CAD Technician will function as a member of a technical team alongside Designers, Engineers, and Project Managers and will be responsible for the creation and revision of technical drawings associated with the design/engineering of electrical substations.
- Responsible for adhering to company and client drafting standards and procedures.
- Responsible for adhering to ANSI standard drafting practices.
- Assist in drafting, design, and documentation for various projects.
- Assist with tasks utilizing various drafting and design software.
- Assist with ad hoc projects as assigned by managers.
- All other duties as assigned.
Assist with preparing new drawings and revising existing engineering drawings of basic components from specific sketches or layouts.
- Minimum of a 3.0 GPA
- Proficient in AutoCAD
- Experience with AutoCAD Electrical is preferred
- Experience with MicroStation is a plus
- Self-motivated and eager learner, aptitude to grow and develop within the field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Basic knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office programs, including, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Minimum Associate’s degree in CAD related program or specialized CAD certification plus 2 years of relevant drafting experience
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.