Electrical CAD Technician
312 SE Stonemill Drive, Building A, Suite 145, Vancouver, WA 98684 US
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Mastered basic commands of at least one type of CAD system (ability to occasionally use higher-level commands, timesaving programs and routines)
- Highly-motivated and possess a strong attention to detail
- Ability to apply client standards to drafting practices
- Work with vector and raster drawing files in AutoCAD and Microstation
- Review all work for completeness and accuracy prior to submitting for review
- Provide accurate accounting of time spent on projects
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects with clear expectations and timelines
- Ability to prioritize work to meet deliverables
- Ability to take direction from and work collaboratively with individuals at all levels in the organization in a team environment
- The duties described above are the general nature and level of work to be performed but is not intended to be a complete comprehensive list of all the duties, activities, and responsibilities required for the position
- Supervisors or managers may ask to perform other duties as needed and/or required
- Entry-level position (zero to two years of professional drafting experience)
- High school diploma and course work in drafting technology or specialized CAD certification.
- Drafting certificate or Associate's degree in computer aided drafting is desirable.
- The drafting position will require strong interpersonal, communication and time management skills, as well as demonstrate the ability to function in a team environment.
- Responsibilities include revising existing drawings and preparing drawings of basic components from explicit verbal or written instructions.
- The candidate should be able to learn and follow company and client drafting standards and procedures.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.