Electrical Design Engineer
Sugar Land, CA 77469 US
Our client designs and builds the toughest projects in the world. They provide professional and technical solutions to deliver safe, well-executed, capital-efficient engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) projects to clients around the world. Our markets include Energy Solutions (Chemical, LNG, Nuclear Project Services, Production and Fuels), Urban Solutions (Advance Technology, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Metals), and Mission Solutions (Defense, Intelligence, Nuclear & Civil). The diversity in markets and global locations provides for opportunities for employment, growth, and experience.
Their backlog includes traditional Chemical and Oil & Gas projects, as well as NuScale Power Projects, energy transition, such as carbon capture and renewable fuels, emerging technologies, such as green chemicals, hydrogen and battery chemicals, and Urban Solutions projects (e.g., mining, semiconductor).
Our client offers career growth potential offering opportunities with travel and advancement through our Talent Development portal, travel, field assignment locations both domestic and international. They value Diversity, Equity and Inclusion throughout the Company with educational opportunities and events sponsored by the Office of DE&I and regional Inclusion Councils.
This position performs work requiring advanced knowledge which is predominantly intellectual in character, and which routinely exercises discretion and judgment. The advanced knowledge is in a field of science or learning and gained through a prolonged course of specialized intellectual instruction, experience, and expertise acquired in the field.
The purpose of this position is to provide the essential administrative processes, technical knowledge, and direction as listed. This role has the responsibility to promote client’s competitiveness within the global marketplace by delivering quality services of unmatched value and technical competence. This position serves as an Area Lead or Lead on assigned projects or performs complex to difficult engineering assignments, evaluates, selects, and applies advanced engineering techniques to a broad set of complex assignments.
- Develop and review estimates and schedules, progress reports, including manpower forecasts
- Establish, track, and monitor material key quantities; provide analysis and forecasts
- Develop and review specifications, including design criteria
- Participate in activities associated with equipment and material procurement, permitting, and subcontracting
- Perform and check calculations, specify equipment, and solve problems of complex to difficult engineering complexity
- Participate in people development through mentoring, development of training material, conducting training seminars, and performance appraisal input and counseling
- Analyze and make independent recommendations regarding solutions to problems with varying complexity in accordance with organization and/or project objectives and guidelines
- Perform complex system studies (e.g., short circuit, load flow, stability, motor starting, harmonics, relay coordination and ground grid)
- Develop area classifications and design documents
- Develop electrical design documents • Perform electrical calculations such as short circuit, relay coordination, voltage drop, cable derating and cable pulling tension
- Prepare motor schematics and wiring diagrams
Other Job Requirements:
- Experience with Electrical Engineering associated with Large Electronic Manufacturing Facilities, including Clean Rooms, Ventilation, Sensitive Grounding, Hazardous Locations, etc.
- Familiarity and proficient in SEL (SmartElectrical)
- Power Distribution up to 34.5 kV
- Underground Power Distribution Cable Routing with prefabricated trenches and vaults, including cable derating calculations
- Fast track, schedule driven Projects
- “One-Team” Mentality
- Offering Value Awareness/Cost/Schedule Saving Ideas
- Professional registration and membership in technical society
- Advanced knowledge of discipline codes and standards, commercial availability and cost of materials
- Effort-hour estimating and staff forecasting
- Managing and leading a large project
- Project set-up, developing control-level schedules, progress reporting and project close-out
- Practical field experience
- Intermediate computer and software skills to include the use of word processing, e-mail, spreadsheet and electronic presentation programs
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.