Electrical Drafting Technician
108 Leigus Rd Wallingford, CT 06492 US
- The Electrical Drafter position will require strong interpersonal, communication and time management skills, as well as demonstrate the ability to function in a team environment.
- Responsibilities include revising existing drawings and preparing new drawings utilizing AutoCAD electrical from instructions provided by an Electrical engineer in the form of explicit verbal or written instructions or detailed sketches.
- This position successfully plots drawings; learns and follows company and client drafting standards and procedures; learns the practices of a selected discipline.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This exciting opportunity will provide for continued professional growth as a part of our established mentorship programs.
- This types of drawings that this position would work one includes Schematic diagrams and Wiring diagrams.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Apply client standards for drafting activities.
- Working Knowledge and experience in AutoCAD Electrical (ACADE) is a must.
- Work with vector and raster drawing files in AutoCAD and Microstation.
- Maintain current knowledge of design and drafting procedures.
- Review all work for completeness and accuracy prior to submitting for engineering review.
- Provide an accurate accounting of time spent on projects.
- The duties described above are the general nature and level of work to be performed but is not intended to be a complete comprehensive list of all the duties, activities, and responsibilities required for the position. Supervisors or managers may ask job incumbents to perform other duties as needed and/or required.
- Associate's degree in Electrical Design and/or computer aided drafting and design.
- Entry-level position (Three (3) to Seven (7) years of professional drafting experience).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Previous internship and/or related consulting experience preferred.
- Highly-motivated and possess a strong attention to detail.
- Possesses strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects with clear expectations and timelines, and to prioritize work.
- Ability to take direction from and work collaboratively with individuals at all levels in the organization in a team environment.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.