Electrical Engineer 3 - Nuclear Power
3550 Green Ct Ann Arbor, MI 48105 US
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Develop design change packages for operating nuclear plant facilities and deliver solutions for a more sustainable future.
- Interface closely with utility client in Detroit / Ann Arbor metropolitan region.
- Coordinate with multidisciplinary teams including peer engineering and technical staff in our regional design centers and local offices.
- Develop electrical drawing deliverables including single line diagrams, schematics, interconnection diagrams and equipment layouts.
- Continues to learn and remains current on departmental design guides, standards, systems, applicable engineering codes and policies and procedures
- Applies to assigned tasks as appropriate
- Begins to independently apply knowledge and complies with quality program relative to assigned tasks
- Supports continuous improvement and change management efforts
- Prepares a variety of moderately complex engineering deliverables
- Performs complex research and develops recommendations for equipment and/or materials selection
- Collects, assimilates, and manages data for engineering work
- Prepares complex engineering calculations following standard methods and principles
- Understands and adheres to budget, schedule, and quality requirements
- Recognizes, defines and resolves problems within assigned area
- May provide direction and guidance to others
- Assigns tasks to and coordinates with other internal/external team members on less complex projects
- Initiates contact with other disciplines as needed to identify and coordinate details of the work
- Actively seeks to understand client interests and drivers through normal client contact and through interaction and communication with project leadership
- Applies understanding of client interests and drivers to their own behavior and performance of the work under his/her responsibility
- May provide support to business development or pursuit activities
- Shares current knowledge of latest technology and processes
- May assist with performance management process, mentoring, recognition, and any corrective actions required
- EIT/FE Certification (Engineer in Training) or PE License (Professional Engineering)
- Nuclear Power Facility Design experience (LV/MV)
- Experience working and communicating with internal clients
- Intermediate knowledge of engineering design principles and applicable design guides and standards related to assigned engineering discipline
- Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing
- Minimum of 3 years related work experience
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.