Electrical Engineer III
5570 Hog Island Road Surry, VA 23883 US
Top 3 Required Skills
- Experience with nuclear power plant design, including the Electrical Power Distribution System and or the Instrumentation and Control Systems at the station
- Experience with development of maintenance strategies and corrective action plans, and supporting development of design change documentation
- Experience with working in a broad range of Electrical Power and I&C issues both on the component and system level
Candidates will be expected to have or gain familiarity with Surrys nuclear power plant design, including the Electrical Distribution System and or the Instrumentation and Control Systems at the station.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to lead, collaborate, or work effectively in a variety of teams, including multi-disciplinary teams
Strongly Preferred Skills and Qualifications (with training documentation and record provided):
- 50.59 (or equivalent)
- Standard Design Process qualification for Nuclear Engineering Changes
- Engineering specification qualification
Preferred Years of Experience:
- 5+ years of directly-related electrical power design engineering experience in a power generating station, nuclear background strongly preferred
- 15+ years of industry experience, with nuclear experience preferred
- Possess a 4-year Electrical Engineering Degree or equivalent extensive electrical engineering field experience.
- Holds or has previously held a valid U.S. Professional Engineer license can be used in lieu of a 4-year degree
- Nuclear utility experience
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.