Columbus, OH 43215 US
- Electrical design in building construction under direct supervision of licensed engineer in tasks described below.
- Perform analysis, design and documentation of power, lighting, and backup power systems.
- Coordinate with specialists for fire alarm, technology and lighting design as required by project scope of work.
- Coordinate with architects, mechanical/plumbing engineers and other disciplines for equipment power needs and sizing electrical distribution.
- Perform electrical design calculations for electrical loads and panel schedules.
- Develop simple electrical system one-line diagrams.
- Assist in selection and scheduling of electrical equipment.
- Assist in editing specifications to reflect the project requirements.
- Assist in assembling cost opinions for construction.
- Assist with field investigations and site visits.
- Assist in preparation of design deliverables for SD, DD, CD level documents.
- Assist with RFI responses for projects and accurately review submittals.
- Participate in continuing education opportunities when available and requested to attend.
- 5 –10 Years of experience in electrical design in consulting engineering.
- Use of design and analysis software such as Revit, AutoCAD, SKM, ETAP, Easy power.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Proactive and collaborative team member.
- Willingness to work on a variety of projects simultaneously.
- Experience in designing Healthcare, Sports, Commercial, Public Sector, Industrial, Education, and/or Institutional projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering Preferred.
- EI License preferred, working towards state licensure.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.