5100 Harding Highway Mays Landing, NJ 08330 US
Lead Responsible Engineer
As a Lead Responsible Engineer (LRE), will lead/support engineering and design for substation projects. Highly collaborative and high-volume (lead/support projects from initiation to construction). Heavy relation in creation to development of substations.
- Technical lead for substation design projects. Central point of contact for all technical issues related to design/construction of project. Responsible for gathering technical input from support team members and organizing into an executable project.
- All projects have a project manager and LRE at minimum, than various support stakeholders depending on scope.
- Knowledge and understanding of substation primary/secondary design, leadership and oversight of engineering project teams, knowledge & experience w/ document control systems
- Minimum of 7 years in substation design, with familiarity of both distribution and transmission substations up to 500k
- PE certification preferred, but not a requirement
- Proficient with CAD software, knowledge of Microstation, experience with BlueBeam
- Substation design experience highly desirable; utility, engineering & energy industry experience preferable
- Organized, people skills, leadership skills, multitasking, project management, time-management, self-starter
- Never worked in energy & utility
- B.S. Electrical Engineering required
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.