150 Innovation Dr elk grove Village, IL 60007 US
Position available in: Elk Grove Village, IL
Job Type: Full-time
Education & Experience:
- BS in Electrical Engineering
- 3+ years in automation/OEM/manufacturing industry or equivalent experience
- PLC programming experience.
- C programming experience.
- Familiarity with EPLAN for creating electrical drawings.
- Experience with NFPA 79 and IEC style of prints.
- Experience working in a Panel Shop and building panels.
- Familiarity with Catia to assist with electro/mechanical design process.
- Experience designing for large automated systems from initial concept through installation and customer buy off.
- Strong fundamental understanding of electrical design practices, machine/motion control systems, VFD/Drive control systems, and electro-mechanical systems.
- Experience assembling and commissioning large control systems. Preferably machine assembly experience from an electrician's perspective.
- Excellent documentation practices to record how to improve the project/processes going forward.
- Detail oriented and able to partition time between various projects with ease.
- Provide electrical and controls engineering expertise for design of new equipment & system introductions.
- Create and maintain BOMs using SAP purchasing software.
- Generate panel layout for new automated systems.
- Develop full electrical drawing set in Eplan.
- Develop and maintain current electrical engineering standards/libraries/databases for Eplan to re-use sections of the drawings for future projects.
- Maintain logs and written records of duties performed.
- Assist Sales team with electrical engineering expertise for potential new products/projects.
- Competitive hourly wage plus overtime
- 401(k) company match
- 100% paid healthcare coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Disability plan & group life insurance program
- Three weeks Paid Time Off (PTO) plus ten paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement program
- International travel opportunities (Germany)
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.