Electrical Procurement Engineer
76 N Power Plant Loop Richland, WA 99354 US
12 month contract assignment
Pacific Northwest region - Richland Washington
As an Electrical Procurement Engineer, protect the work control schedule by ensuring proper fit, form, and function spare parts availability in compliance with plant design requirements and regulatory commitments. In addition, prepare technical and quality evaluations for replacement equipment and parts for plant equipment, evaluate substitutions and revise the design data base, prepare dedication plans for commercial grade items, prepare procurement specifications, perform equipment qualification analyses, perform quality classification of equipment and parts, evaluate, and resolve technical and quality affecting procurement problems. Experience with digital electrical components is a plus.
On a daily basis:
- Verify fit, form and function of spare parts.
- Properly keep an accurate parts inventory
- Parts availability maintained to ensure that design requirements and regulatory commitments are met
- Prepare technical and quality evaluations for replacement equipment and parts for plant equipment
- Evaluate substitutions and revise the design data base
- Prepare dedication plans for commercial grade items
- Prepare procurement specifications
- Perform equipment qualification analyses
- Perform quality classification of equipment and parts, evaluate, and resolve technical and quality affecting procurement problems
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 8 years of experience as a Procurement Engineer or Procurement Specialist
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.