Electrical Project Engineer
1100 Superior Ave -, Ste 300 Cleveland, OH 44114 US
Our Engineering client is seeking an Electrical Project Engineer with 4 – Years’ experience sit in one of our offices in St. Petersburg, FL, Cape Canaveral, FL, Deerfield Beach, FL, Orlando, FL, or Tampa, FL,. The ideal candidate would have strong working knowledge of Revit and Electrical design in the Consulting Engineering environment.
- Complete project scope of work per discipline, project and client management, under direction of Project Manager.
- Perform analysis, design and documentation of power distribution, lighting systems, and backup power systems.
- Coordinate with specialists for fire alarm, technology and lighting design as required by project scope of work.
- Coordinate with architects, mechanical/plumbing engineers and other disciplines for equipment power needs and sizing electrical distribution.
- Perform electrical design calculations for electrical loads and panel schedules.
- Develop electrical systems one-line diagrams.
- Select and schedule electrical equipment.
- Edit specifications to reflect the project requirements.
- Meet with vendors to determine specification requirements for application.
- Coordinate with other disciplines for all Electrical design elements.
- Prepare design deliverables for SD, DD, CD level documents.
- Provide cost opinions for budgeting construction, and reviewing contractor change orders.
- Perform project construction administration including response to RFI’s and accurate review of submittals.
- Perform field verification and take-offs of existing systems for renovation projects.
- Attend meetings with clients, authorities having jurisdiction, and other professionals as projects require.
- Work planning and manage the design process to the available hours in the work plan.
- (4 to 7) Years of experience in Electrical Design in Consulting Engineering.
- Working knowledge of design and analysis software such as Revit, SKM, ETAP, Easypower.
- Knowledge of National Electrical Code (NEC), State Energy Code, NFPA, and FGI Guidelines.
- Experience with electrical system studies such as short circuit, over-current device coordination, and Arc Flash Hazard analysis per NPFA 70E.
- Knowledge of standard construction practices and the ability to work with contractors to address construction issues.
- Coordinate with technical leads and senior engineers when specialized assistance is needed on design.
- Ability to work and manage tasks on several projects concurrently
- Experience in designing Healthcare, Sports, Commercial, Public Sector, Industrial, Education, and/or Institutional projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering Preferred.
- EI or PE License Preferred.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.