2530 W Everett St Appleton, WI 54914 US
Reports to: Director of Engineering
Summary/objective: Our client is seeking a motivated individual to work in a team environment to complete assembly of packaging machinery for the food industry. The Electrical Assembly Technician will have experience working with electrical and (electronic) components in a production/build environment.
· Prepares work to be completed by studying assembly instructions, blueprint specifications, electrical schematics and parts lists; gathering parts, subassemblies, tools, and materials.
· Interprets all drawings and other written or verbal work instructions to determine best assembly method.
· Assemble electrical or (electronic) systems or support structures and install components, units, subassemblies, wiring, or assembly casing, using (rivets), bolts, soldering or micro-welding equipment and can operate equipment that range between 120v-480v.
· Cuts, strips and mounts wires to connect electrical units.
· Fits, files, drills, and assembles junction boxes, panels, or performs a wide variety of diversified and difficult electrical assemblies (for the installation to the simulators)
· Ensures parts and products utilized are in working order using fault-testing equipment
· Ability to read and interpret mechanical blueprints and electrical schematics, understand terminology and apply best electrical assembly practices with respect to wire distribution, cable management and electrical systems, ensuring the quality and safety of the build.
· Maintain tool requirement needs.
· Able to communicate with co-workers and supervisors on judgements made to complete individual projects through telephone, written form, e-mail, or in person.
· Strong decision and problem-solving skills to provide solutions and ability to evaluate and present solutions to individuals relevant to the project.
· Observing, receiving, & otherwise obtaining information from relevant sources.
· Great attitude / Team player / Ability to work in high-paced and at times stressful environment
Supervisory responsibilities: None
Work environment: Shop environment. Noise level is moderate when machines are running.
Physical demands: Be able to lift and/or move up to 60 lbs. Able to sit, stand, stoop, bend, and walk for extended periods of time.
Travel: Limited travel may be necessary.
Education and experience:
· Certified Electrician
· 2-3 years of Electrical, Schematics, Soldering, Wiring, and Assembly experience preferred.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.