Energy & Sustainability Manager
520 Eighth Avenue , 5th Floor New York, NY 10018 US
The position will require collaboration with others in the organization, with the management companies, and with outside professionals to facilitate overall real estate development goals.
1. Develop and execute energy and water management and sustainability strategies for building portfolio.
2. Monitor and report on the utility use across the portfolio.
3. Collaborate with the Property Management and Company development teams to share and implement best practices in emission reduction and other aspects of sustainability. Ensure that teams are well versed in Energy and Sustainability priorities.
4. Work with external stakeholders in meeting federal, state, and local objectives regarding utility use and electrification.
5. Implement and oversee a management plan that outlines day-to-day and periodic energy saving maintenance activities that will result in overall cost savings.
6. Drive operational improvements in utility use across the portfolio.
7. Lead compliance with - and stay ahead of – federal, state and local climate policy.
8. Perform feasibility studies to determine energy efficient adaptations in existing buildings.
9. Coordinate selection and activities of professionals for energy efficient modeling and installations.
10. Coordinate and participate in activities with internal and external team members to ensure that projects are delivered on time and on budget and will meet regulatory requirements and funder benchmarks.
11. Collaborate with other internal departments to facilitate overall organization and departmental goals. Department goals include maintaining secure, healthy, high quality and independent living environments and on time delivery of regulatory and project benchmarks.
12. Implement and oversee a tracking system to ensure that local, City and State filings are completed within the deadline.
13. Keep up to date with Energy Incentive programs, and work with preparation of project-related grant proposals.
14. Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
Job Competencies & Minimum Qualifications:
1. Bachelor's degree in environmental studies, environmental affairs, or other related field
2. Five years of full-time employment in sustainability management, environmental planning and/or related fields.
3. A fair understanding of sustainability practices, including operational energy use.
4. Experience in monitoring energy and water use in buildings
5. In-depth understanding of energy and conservation measures.
6. Experience with benchmarking and analyzing data to drive sustainability measures.
7. Ability to multi-task and work independently with attention to detail.
Working Conditions/Physical Demand:
1. Business Office Environment with phone and computer use;
2. Field work includes walking through buildings and grounds, including accessing roofs, basements and crawl spaces, including ability to navigate stairs and ladders.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.