Charlotte, NC 28202 US
Engineer Job Requirements With General Supervision:
- Participate in R&D opportunities with vehicle or component manufacturers including prototype testing, voice of customer studies, etc.
- Develop and implement systems to gather data from test or demonstration vehicles.
- Provide overall engineering support for vehicle and equipment acquisition and technical support activities.
- Manage specification development and acquisition activities for certain groups of vehicles and equipment.
- Provide overall analysis to determine appropriate replacement cycle for fleet vehicles and equipment.
- Provides engineering/technical expertise and guidance in the identification, analysis and resolution of well-defined problems in area of expertise.
- Contributes to team decision-making in the accomplishment of business goals and objectives through effective planning, organizing, estimating, scheduling and monitoring of work activities; deals with changing priorities and differing situations and makes decision that may affect the work of the team.
- Conducts engineering and related studies; projects and assignments are clearly defined with focus on development but must be able to complete routine engineering projects with minimal oversight; competent to design, operate and maintain systems with minimum impact on existing systems.
- Possesses and applies the fundamental concepts, practices and procedures; demonstrates proficiency in technical competencies and has ability to interpret technical information and instructions.
- Develops positive working relationships to effectively coordinate work activities. Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills. Maintains accurate records and files.
- Supports the company's goals and represents the company positively and professionally.
- Graduation from a four year college or university with a Bachelor of Science in Engineering from an ABET accredited program. A Master's degree in Engineering will be considered in lieu of the B.S. Engineering degree.
- Minimum of 2 years of Engineering experience.
- Valid driver's license.
- Understanding of basic engineering theories and principles.
- Understanding of basic practices of researching engineering and design issues, evaluating alternatives, making sound recommendations and preparing and presenting recommendations.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to deal with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Passing grade on the Engineering Fundamentals Exam.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Process improvement skills and experience.
- Meeting facilitation skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Experience in the utility industry.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.