Cincinnati, OH 45202 US
- Provides engineering/technical expertise and guidance in the identification, analysis and resolution of routine problems in area of expertise. Assists in the accomplishment of business goals and objectives through effective planning, organizing, estimating, scheduling and monitoring of work activities under the guidance of higher-level employees.
- Prepares thorough and accurate technical reports, correspondence, documentation, calculations and sketches associated with the resolution of routine technical problems.
- Conducts basic engineering studies requiring little evaluation or ingenuity.
- Possesses knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures.
- Develops positive working relationships to effectively coordinate work activities.
- Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills.
- Maintains accurate records and files.
- Supports the company's goals and represents the company positively and professionally.
- They have knowledge of fundamental concepts and procedures.
- 0-5 years discipline experience
Bachelor's degree in engineering from an ABET accredited program
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Civil or Electrical Engineering degree Understanding of basic engineering theories and principles.
- Understanding of basic practices of researching engineering and design issues, evaluating alternatives, making sound recommendations, and preparing and presenting recommendations.
- Ability to deal with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural, and ethnic background
- Good written and oral communication skills. Passing grade on the Engineering Fundamentals Exam.
- Understanding of basic principles of project management.
- Experience in the utility industry Experience with Microsoft Office Experience with AutoCAD 2010 or newer Experience with (Autodesk) Inventor
- Experience with grounding system design software such as WinIGS, CDEGS, etc. Experience with lightning protection design software / techniques
- Experience with substation design codes such as NESC, IEEE Std. 998, IEEE Std. C37.30, IEEE Std. 80, etc.
- Experience with Microsoft Power BI Experience with Programming
Travel: 30-40 miles for field visits
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.