310 N College Rd Wilmington, NC 28405 US
SCOPE OF POSITION:
- Design, develop, improve and industrialize manufacturing platforms (platform = process + equipment) for revolutionary manufacturing processes which yield step-change reductions in manufacturing cost and/or which enable new products with advantaged attributes.
- Advance innovative solutions to technical problems and follow through to implementation.
- Lead or participate in experimentation and/or early stage deployment of new processes or products.
- Work is typically completed as a member of a technology development and/or technology deployment team chartered with improving one or more of the following: manufacturing yields (selections), process rate, machine utilization, product quality, new product quality, environmental compliance, raw material yield, and/or energy usage.
- Develop and execute experimental plans, project plans and timelines to achieve project goals without sacrificing safety, intellectual property, or quality. Adhere to all Corporate, Business Unit, and Site guidelines for same.
- Learn & understand process & equipment functions in area of responsibility.
- Development of new processes with strong emphasis on fundamental understanding of the underlying chemical and physical processes.
- Provide troubleshooting support to the prototype platform during development and demonstration phase.
- Develop and use mechanical, chemical, and electrical start-up/debug checklists, schedules, drawings, and process equipment documentation (and or direct technicians to create and/or modify the same).
- Direct initial equipment set-up and debug up to the point of turnover to operations.
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time: 8-5 M-F
- Overtime is not uncommon and is indeed expected at times, however the amount and duration will vary as a function of the job position, particular project, and point in the project life cycle.
Education & Experience
- Minimum BS or MS in either Chemical, Ceramic, Mechanical, or Materials Science, with 2+ years engineering experience desired, including process engineering experience.
- Data collection, analysis, and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a multi-discipline team environment
- Ability to effectively interact & communicate with all levels of the organization & across organizational boundaries.
- Ability to prioritize multiple activities & work independently
- Thoroughly carry assignments to completion.
- Strong computer skills required (MS Word, Excel, Access, or equivalent).
- Display a bias for action in situations of uncertainty, with pro-active attention to issues and problems,
- Use scientific method and engineering principles to solve problems thoroughly and effectively, using well-designed and executed process experiments.
- Drive for root cause fundamental understanding and permanent solutions.
- Translate engineering solutions to requirements, then further to process and/or equipment designs which deliver all required and promised performance criteria.
- Effectively use relevant measured and/or modeled data to drive decisions and actions.
- Determine and recommend best solution from a series of alternatives within plant guidelines.
- Able to communicate equally well with engineers, production associates, and managers.
- Able to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Self motivated.
- Able to handle multiple priorities.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.