525 S Tryon Street Charlotte, NC 28202 US
Looking for a Data Verification Specialist to work as part of a project team on a large-scale Distribution Grid Data project in the Carolinas, which requires the analysis and review of large amounts of distribution image data. The primary responsibility for the position is to review images of distribution backbone and extended backbone circuits, use the images to validate existing GIS system data and provide corrections as necessary to update the GIS data. In addition, the candidate will review the images for conductor damage and assessment. The person filling this position must be self-motivated, work well with others, possess a positive attitude, and a commitment to maintaining the highest level of accuracy, safety, and integrity.
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily:
- Ability to analyze numerous drone images of distribution backbone circuits daily to validate GIS data for equipment, conductors and phasing for each circuit.
- Verify assigned circuits in a timely manner with a high degree of accuracy, quality, and completeness to avoid rework and impacts to the project schedule.
- Coordinate with project team leads and foster positive relationships with team members
- Report deficiencies and risks immediately to project manager, team lead or other identified affected parties
- Be open to feedback and develop and implement methods to improve efficiency and quality
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Candidate Qualifications and requirements:
- At least 15 years working experience as a lineman or equivalent combination of education and experience in electrical distribution.
- Strong working knowledge and experience in the inspection, installation, replacement, and repair of distribution system equipment and lines. Including substations, electronic reclosers, capacitors, transformers, disconnects, etc.
- Ability to work remotely which requires high speed internet service.
- Average computer skills: Ability to navigate various programs,
- Familiar with Microsoft Office Applications, Office 365
- Experience with screenshot or graphic applications
- Basic understanding of GIS systems
- Good communication skills, both written and oral are required
- Ability to organize and handle multiple project tasks
- Detail oriented with strong people and team skills
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.