1022 HALEY DRIVE Mineral, VA 23117 US
Day-to-day duties would be to serve as a project engineer and technical lead on a variety of projects, with particular emphasis on supports and riggings for equipment replacements and upgrades. Duties include, but are not limited to, preparation or review of design changes, preparation or review of procurement specifications, supporting field implementations, vendor document reviews as an owners representative, visits to vendor facilities when required (an expected occasional responsibility), and review of bids from vendors and installers from a technical perspective.
Top Required Skills
- Civil Structural experience, emphasis on supports and/or rigging evolutions (required)
- Versed/qualified (any utility) with preparing specifications
- Comfortable and capable with office and field work - specifically supporting implementation as a design engineer
- Nuclear Industry Experience
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to lead, collaborate, or work effectively in a variety of teams, including multi-disciplinary teams
- Self-starter with a detail-oriented mindset
- Versed/qualified (any utility) in the Commercial Nuclear Standard Design Change Process (IP-ENG-001) (desirable, not required)
- Experience with reviewing manufacturer/supplier documentation, drawings, specifications, etc to ensure new equipment meets specified physical, performance and other requirements
- Major component installation and construction experience
- Experience and knowledge of various codes and standards such as AS Steel Construction, ANSI, and/or ASTM (desirable, not required)
- PE license (desirable, not required)
- A minimum of 6 years of relevant experience.
- B.S. or M.S. in Civil or Structural Engineering - Would consider candidates with other disciplines (example Mechanical) if other experience requirements are satisfied.
- Highly prefer experience in the US Commercial Nuclear Industry
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.