Engineering Tech 4: Water Pipe Designer
8400 Ward Parkway Kansas City, MO 64114 US
Functions in a senior level engineering technician capacity. With minimal supervision, performs advanced functions requiring knowledge and use of electronic applications, standards and document control processes/procedures in support of creating and modifying deliverables. May provide technical guidance and direction to other engineering professionals including delegation of work assignments.
- Applies knowledge of standards, systems, document control, departmental guides, applicable codes and policies and procedures.
Quality / Continuous Improvement:
- Demonstrates personal accuracy and supports continuous improvement.
- Reviews design inputs in order to ensure consistency.
- Assists to ensure deliverables are in compliance with the specific codes and standards suitable for the project.
- Use of applications to continuously evaluate and improve methods, processes and procedures used to accomplish deliverables.
- Create and develop deliverables based on a variety of design inputs.
- May develop less complex design concepts and create project design deliverables based on a variety of design inputs.
- May perform computations such as development of detailed material quantities and estimates.
- Coordinate deliverables with other groups involved on the same project to minimize interference or errors.
- May be responsible for support of project finalization including for example consolidation of records for as-built drawings or information to take off as-built quantities.
- Focuses on the needs of internal clients while gaining an understanding of external client's main interests and drivers.
People Management - (supervision - career development - developing professionals, mentoring):
- May provide work direction and guidance to others.
- Typically a minimum of 3 years related work experience.
- Preferred industry experience would include Mechanical equipment and piping layout/design in the Water/Wastewater Treatment market.
- Required software experience includes AutoDesk AutoCAD 2D and AutoDesk Revit 3D (most important)
- Project coordination experience with setting up projects with Revit preferred
- Intermediate knowledge of engineering standards, systems, document control and departmental guides.
- Intermediate industry knowledge and technology trends.
- Intermediate knowledge of company quality program.
- Intermediate ability to interpret engineering deliverable content as assigned.
- Intermediate knowledge of other disciplines.
- Basic knowledge of construction and constructability practices and principles.
- Basic knowledge of engineering design principles and applicable design guides related to assigned engineering discipline.
- Diploma or Certificate preferred.
- Associate Degree in Drafting or an Engineering Design Related Technology preferred.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.