Engineering Tech 5: Oil/Gas Pipe Designer
8400 Ward Parkway Kansas City, MO 64114 US
Functions in a lead engineering technician capacity. Under general direction, modify or create deliverables and may perform assignments of a design nature by applying basic engineering principles and established design practices to develop moderately complex design concepts. Provide technical guidance and may provide direction to other engineering professionals.
- Applies knowledge of standards, systems, document control, departmental guides, applicable codes and policies and procedures.
- May review project requirements and accurately determine the correct format and contents of the required deliverables.
Quality / Continuous Improvement:
- Demonstrates personal accuracy and supports continuous improvement and change management efforts.
- Reviews design inputs in order to ensure consistency.
- Assists to ensure deliverables are in compliance with the specific codes and standards suitable for the project.
- May apply basic engineering principles and established design practices in developing moderately complex design concepts and deliverables.
- Begins to apply judgment and make decisions with respect to deliverables and input interpretation.
- Capable of handling difficult technical assignments within an area of expertise and can provide technical guidance to other professionals. Performs design calculations, detailed material quantities and estimates, and records.
- May review the deliverables of others.
- May define work assignments and maintain schedules.
- May program control systems or participate in other plant start-up activities associated with a specialized area of expertise.
- Coordinates with other design group personnel to review and exchange project information necessary for design development.
- -Focuses on the needs of internal clients while utilizing an understanding of external client's main interests and drivers.
Knowledge Sharing, Innovation and Technology:
- May apply judgment and makes decisions with respect to deliverables and input interpretation.
People Management - (supervision - career development - developing professionals, mentoring):
- May assist with performance management process, mentoring, and recognition.
- Provide guidance to lesser experienced Engineering technicians.
- May provide mentoring, instruction, delegation of work and feedback.
- Typically a minimum of 5 years related work experience.
- Experience with Mechanical equipment and piping layout/design is required
- Oil & Gas industry experience preferred
- Software skillsets include Hexagon SmartPlant S3D (most important) and AutoDesk AutoCAD/CADWorx 2D/3D
- Intermediate knowledge of engineering standards, systems, document control and departmental guides.
- Intermediate industry knowledge and technology trends. Intermediate knowledge of company quality program.
- Advanced ability to interpret engineering deliverable content as assigned.
- Intermediate knowledge of other disciplines.
- Basic knowledge of construction and constructability practices and principles.
- Basic knowledge of engineering design principles and applicable design guides related to assigned engineering discipline.
- Basic knowledge of procurement and contract administration.
- Diploma or Certificate preferred.
- Associate Degree in Drafting or an Engineering Design Related Technology preferred.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.