Engineering Technician 3 (Structural)
11401 Lamar Avenue Shawnee Mission, KS 66211 US
Functions in a mid-level engineering technician capacity. Under general supervision, performs functions requiring intermediate knowledge and use of electronic applications, standards and document control processes/procedures in support of creating and modifying deliverables.
- Continues to learn and apply standards, systems, document control, departmental guides and policies and procedures
Quality / Continuous Improvement:
- Ensures that deliverables are accurate and compliant by continually developing knowledge of the Quality Program
- Demonstrates personal accuracy and supports continuous improvement and change management efforts
- Broadens knowledge of the applications required to modify and develop less complex deliverables based on a variety of design inputs
- May assist with minor computations such as material quantity estimates and dimensional checks
- May assist in coordinating deliverables with other groups involved on the same project to minimize interference or errors
- Intermediate knowledge of Computer Automated Drafting Design (CADD) or other applications or design or modeling skills
- Preferably experience with Autodesk Revit and Bluebeam software
- Basic knowledge of engineering standards, systems, document control, departmental guides and policies and procedures
- Basic ability to interpret engineering deliverable content as assigned
- Basic industry knowledge and technology trends
- Diploma or Certificate preferred. Associate Degree in Drafting or an Engineering Design Related Technology preferred.
- Typically a minimum of 2 years related work experience.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.