Engineering Technician 3
4449 Easton Way, Suites 150 & 175 Columbus, OH 43219 US
The Virtual Design & Data Solutions (VDDS) Engineering Technician 3 under general supervision, performs functions requiring intermediate knowledge and use of electronic applications, standards, and document control processes/procedures in support of creating or modifying deliverable. May begin to provide technical guidance to other engineering technicians. This role will be responsible for assisting with the development site drainage, grading, utility plans using Autodesk Civil 3D.
Preferred Technical Skills:
- Intermediate knowledge of Computer Automated Drafting Design (CADD) or other applications or design or modeling skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of Civil 3D, including experience with grading creation tools.
- Basic knowledge of engineering standards, systems, document control, departmental guides and policies and procedures.
- Basic industry knowledge and technology trends.
- Basic knowledge of company quality program Intermediate ability to interpret engineering deliverable content as assigned.
- Basic knowledge of other disciplines
- Basic knowledge of construction and constructability practices and principles
-Autodesk Civil 3D
-ESRI ArcGIS (basic knowledge)
-Excellent time management
-Excellent problem-solving skills
- Diploma or Certificate preferred
- Associate Degree in Drafting or an Engineering Design Related Technology preferred
- Typically a minimum of 2 years related work experience
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.