Engineering Technician 6 - Substation Design
11401 Lamar Avenue Shawnee Mission, KS 66211 US
Functions in a senior lead engineering technician capacity. Under general direction, modify or create deliverables and perform assignments of a design nature by applying basic engineering principles and established design practices to develop complex design concepts. Provide technical guidance and may provide direction to other engineering professionals.
- Applies basic engineering principles and established design practices in developing moderately complex design concepts and deliverables
- Applies judgment and makes decisions with respect to deliverables and input interpretation
- Capable of handling difficult technical assignments within an area of expertise and can provide technical guidance to other professionals
- Performs design calculations, detailed material quantities and estimates, and records
- Uses advanced applications (e g, modeling and design software) in performance of work provided
- May review the deliverables of others
- May define work assignments and maintain schedules
- May program control systems or participate in other plant start-up activities associated with a specialized area of expertise
- Coordinates with other design group personnel to review and exchange project information necessary for design development
- May support field activities
- May communicate project design requirements, progress and schedules
Preferred Technical Skills:
- Ability to use the appropriate electronic applications and programs required for performing assignments
- Include but not limited to CADD, other electronic applications, information modeling and document storage systems
- Advanced ability to interpret engineering deliverable content as assigned
- Advanced knowledge of other disciplines
- Basic knowledge of construction and constructability practices and principles
- Intermediate knowledge of engineering design principles and applicable design guides related to assigned engineering discipline
- Advanced knowledge of AutoCAD and/or Microstation
- 3D design a plus
- Experience with engineering calculations (i.e. lightning protection, ridged bus, grounding, battery sizing)
- Advanced knowledge of physical substation design from 13KV-500kV
- Below grade and Above grade design experience
- Ability to take a scope and produce a physical design
- Associate Degree in Drafting or an Engineering Design Related Technology preferred.
- Bachelor Degree in an Engineering Design Related Technology preferred.
- Typically a minimum of 8 years related work experience.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.