McAllen, TX 78501 US
Responsibilities and Duties
- Perform on-site inspection, testing, troubleshooting of fire & security alarm, suppression and releasing systems as well as associated devices in accordance with industry standards.
- Read and understand assigned project documentation and work orders including scope of work for inspections, and determine if additional information is needed.
- Inform Alarm Manager of any problems and concerns with assigned projects.
- Develop a thorough understanding of integrating a fire alarm system with HVAC controls, smoke management systems, elevator controllers, sprinkler/suppression systems, card access, security systems and CCTV.
- Read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, software/systems, programs, schematics and operation/product manuals.
- Prepare associated paperwork/forms for customer service activities. Return completed documentation required for master customer file, future inspections, service, accounting and payroll in a timely manner as required by procedures.
- Maintain confidential information related to services performed.
Qualifications and Skills
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum 5 years documented experience with fire alarm, access control, security intrusion, sound, communications systems or related electronic building systems.
- Must pay excellent attention to detail and have the experience in reading and interpreting blueprints, submittals, and operational/product manuals.
- Knowledge of test equipment, multi-meter, digital analyzer, and commissioning devices.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.