Engineering Technologist II
4690 Simms Creek Road Raleigh, NC 27616 US
- Distribution Engineering Technologist II provide technical expertise to solve more complex problems and leadership skills to provide oversight and direction of work in a specific area of expertise, with some supervision.
- This position is to provide support of Electric Distribution materials, ordering, material planning, work procedures, and work dependencies.
- Also experienced technical expertise to accurately analyze options and prepare distribution facility designs for residential, commercial, and industrial projects. Workers are expected to develop advanced skills and to have the ability to work independently.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides expertise and guidance in the identification, analysis and resolution of problems in area of project materials management.
- Ensures accomplishment of business goals and objectives through effective planning, organizing, estimating, scheduling and monitoring of work activities.
- Prepares thorough and accurate technical reports, correspondence, documentation, calculations and sketches.
- Develops positive working relationships to effectively coordinate work activities.
- Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills.
- Maintains accurate records and files.
- Supports the company's goals and represents the company positively and professionally.
- Valid Driver's License and vehicle suitable for business use (mileage reimbursement applies)
- Either 2 to 4 years' experience and Bachelor of Science in Engineering Technology (or equivalent), or 2 to 6 years of experience and Associate Degree in Engineering Technology (or equivalent), or 4 to 8 years equivalent experience with no degree.
- Experience and demonstrated written and oral communications skills, including the ability to present information, facilitate meetings and provide direction to others.
- Thorough understanding of Electric Distribution materials, work procedures, and work dependencies. Proven competency in all aspects of the Distribution Specialist roles.
- Experience with an electric utility preferred.
- Understanding of basic principles of project management.
- Experience with Electric Distribution.
- Demonstrated Time Management Skills
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.