Engineering Technologist III
Charlotte, NC 28202 US
Engineering Technologist II.
- Provide technical expertise to solve more complex problems and leadership skills to provide oversight and direction of work in a specific area of expertise, with some supervision.
- Workers are expected to develop advanced skills and the ability to work with greater independence. Provides technical expertise and guidance in the identification, analysis and resolution of problems in area of expertise.
- Ensures accomplishment of business goals and objectives through effective planning, organizing, estimating, scheduling and monitoring of work activities.
- Prepares thorough and accurate technical reports, correspondence, documentation, calculations and sketches. Conducts engineering and related studies.
- Strives to continually improve job-related, technical and professional knowledge, skills and performance. Develops positive working relationships to effectively coordinate work activities.
- Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills.
- Maintains accurate records and files. Supports the company's goals and represents the company positively and professionally.
- Either a graduate from a college or university with a Bachelor of Science in Engineering Technology (or equivalent), or 4 to 6 years of experience and Associate Degree in Engineering Technology (or equivalent), or 10 to 15 years equivalent experience with no degree.
- Ability to deal with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds Good written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in the utility industry. Understanding of basic principles of project management.
Responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assess substation yard and control house impacts and requirements
- Specify major equipment changes
- Identify cable/cable type
- Specify relays and determine panel layouts
- Assess and account for telecom requirements
- Identifies equipment and material needed for projects
- Provides engineering/technical expertise and guidance in the identification, analysis and resolution of problems of increasing complexity both in and outside of typical responsibilities,
- Engages with a variety of project stakeholders (i.e. Construction and Maintenance, Project Management, Planning and Operations, etc.) to ensure stakeholder needs are accounted for in project scopes.
- Attends site visits to review current conditions and planned changes with project stakeholders
- Ensures accomplishment of business goals and objectives through effective planning, organizing, scheduling and monitoring of work activities; decisions may affect the operations or results of the work group and may have some impact on major projects or department results,
- Prepares thorough and accurate technical reports, correspondence, documentation, calculations and sketches related to well-defined problems and analysis of increasing complexity,
- Conducts engineering and related studies,
- Completes non-routine engineering projects with minimal oversight with the ability to independently manage project schedules and interfaces,
- Possesses and applies the fundamental concepts, practices and procedures; proficient in technical and analytical competencies necessary to handle assignments of increasing complexity,
- Develops positive working relationships to effectively coordinate work activities,
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication skills,
- Proficient in the design of protection settings and control of all classes of substations (T to T, T to D, Customer, etc.)
- Familiar with the creation of SPCC plans and secondary oil containment designs
- Proficient in engineering theories and principles
- Proficient in practices of researching engineering and design issues, evaluating alternatives, making sound recommendations, and preparing and presenting recommendations,
- Ability to deal with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds,
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills
- Familiar with principles of project management
- Experience in the utility industry
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.