Engineering Technologist IV
2500 Fairfax Road Greensboro, NC 27407 US
This job entails reviewing and approving design work for improvements and upgrades to Distribution Systems from the substation to the customer. Experience with Distribution Design include reconductoring and underground cable replacements. Knowledge of Maximo. The job will include meeting with engineering firms, contractor specialists and contractors in the field. Responding to questions during construction of the upgrade to the system. This position is Hybrid and will require frequent trips to the field.
Location- team is open to surrounding areas but if the CW is needed in the field, they will be expected to commute on site.
Education Requirement: BA Will the contingent worker be required to drive a vehicle: Yes- field visits Will the contingent worker be required to drive a Duke Energy vehicle: No Will this contingent worker be required to wear PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)?: Provided by Duke
Work hours of Requested Position: 40 hours (flexible schedule) If Hybrid, number of days in office: Some remote days are optional Will business expenses be covered? Yes- mileage Will there be OT in this position? Yes- as needed Per Diem?: No
Maximo application suite alternatives-
- UpKeep Asset Operations Platform.
- SAP ERP Suite - EAM.
- IFS Cloud.
- E-Business Suite - Enterprise Asset Management.
- eMaint CMMS.
- MVP One.
- Ramco Enterprise Asset Management.
- Fiix CMMS.
- Provide technical expertise to solve more complex problems and leadership skills to provide oversight and direction of work in a specific area of expertise, with some supervision.
- Workers are expected to develop advanced skills and the ability to work with greater independence. Provides technical expertise and guidance in the identification, analysis and resolution of problems in area of expertise.
- Ensures accomplishment of business goals and objectives through effective planning, organizing, estimating, scheduling and monitoring of work activities.
- Prepares thorough and accurate technical reports, correspondence, documentation, calculations and sketches.
- Conducts engineering and related studies. Strives to continually improve job-related, technical and professional knowledge, skills and performance.
- Develops positive working relationships to effectively coordinate work activities. Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills.
- Maintains accurate records and files. Supports the company's goals and represents the company positively and professionally.
- Either a graduate from a college or university with a Bachelor of Science in Engineering Technology (or equivalent), or 10+ years of experience and Associate Degree in Engineering Technology (or equivalent), or 10 to 15 years equivalent experience with no degree.
- Ability to deal with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds Good written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in the utility industry.
- Understanding of basic principles of project management.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.