Environmental Compliance Coordinator
5000 DOMINION BLVD Glen Allen, VA 23060 US
?Ensures company compliance with environmental, chemical, waste management, and permit regulations at various locations and project construction sites associated with Electric Transmission operational teams. Share responsibility for the safe and efficient operation of work sites, to comply with regulatory and company Environmental, Health and Safety standards and procedures. Communicate and prepare reports for submittal internally, externally, to governmental agencies and customers. Support and contracted staff, inspect, or assess, and provide recommendations regarding environmental compliance issues to personnel responsible for compliance tasks and management. Provide environmental training to site personnel in handling of chemicals and waste materials, spill prevention, erosion, and sediment control and for other environmental compliance topics and requirements.
Understanding of erosion and sediment control and stormwater management, as it relates to the Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP).
Ability to interpret and/or apply environmental requirements to company operations and translate regulatory regulations, permit, and plan requirements into compliance guidance.
Knowledge of related environmental regulations and applicable environmental requirements for multimedia environmental scope and permits.
Nice to Have:
- Understanding of other environmental regulations and requirements like Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), Erosion and Sediment Control (ESC), National Pollution Discharge Elimination System (NPDES), Hazardous Waste and Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER), Superfund and Amendments and Reauthorization Act (SARA), Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasure (SPCC).
- Offshore environmental training (Eastern Virginia/North Carolina only).
- ?Other licenses/certifications: CESSWI, HAZWOPER 40, Certified Hazardous Materials Handler, International Society of Arborists, Lead/Asbestos, Pesticides.
Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Ability to work independently and in field environments, as well as in a team setting.
Organizational skills and time management skills.
Strong leadership and ability to problem solve.
?Strong technological skill set.
- Virginia Department of Environmental Quality Erosion and Sediment Control Inspector
- Virginia Department of Environmental Quality Stormwater Management Inspector DOT Hazardous Materials Trained (preferred)
- Hazwoper (preferred)
- RCRA Hazardous Waste trained
- Utility or Linear Construction
- Mileage or pay rate for their company provided vehicle
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.