Environmental Engineer V
Portland, OR 97204 US
Our Client is seeking a Senior Environmental Engineer to be based out of Portland, Oregon office and support projects throughout the pacific northwest. Imagine making a positive impact in your community while working on rewarding projects, such as environmental justice, remediation, or Brownfields projects. Working here means being part of a global team and collaborating with award-winning professionals around the globe. In this role (Environmental Engineer V), you will be responsible for leading engineering tasks, mentoring junior staff, performing project management of environmental projects, directing project staff and subcontractors, technical submittal delivery, stakeholder engagement and communication, and financial management of the projects you manage. Relocation to the Portland area is required for this position, as it is not a remote position. The successful candidate is required to have a background in environmental engineering, environmental consulting, project management, and be a Professional Engineer in Oregon. A background in remediation is required.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Understand and have experience in site investigation and remediation techniques to drive solutions for our clients.
- Utilizes existing technologies and past experience to develop technical solutions to complex problems.
- Recommend environmental remedial technologies for implementation based on site investigation data and prepare FS Level cost estimates.
- Lead teams by utilizing advanced scientific principles, theories, and practices.
- Prepare cost proposals for clients and assist with negotiations.
- Prepare RI/FS and EE/CA reports, O&M Manuals, and implementation work plans.
- Prepare design plans, specification, and engineer’s cost estimates.
- Perform or support O&M activities and prepare or review performance monitoring reports.
- Support remediation system optimization and troubleshooting.
- Performs work with minimal direction.
- Performs complex assignments often requiring the development of unique solutions to problems with the support of the project team.
- Mentor staff including those aspiring to be technical professionals or project managers.
- Determine and define project scope and objectives.
- Develop and manage a detailed project schedules and work plans.
- Familiar with project invoicing and cash flow management.
- Manages all phases of projects (from beginning to close out).
- Analyzes financial statements and completes budget tracking.
- Predict resource needs and manage resources effectively.
- Provide technical oversight and quality control of work deliverables.
- Provide project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders about strategy, adjustments, and progress.
- Monitor project performance to identify areas for improvement.
- Identify, mitigate, and manage project risks.
- Support business development efforts.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and communication, both verbal and written skills. Superior communication, writing, editing, and reporting skills for a wide variety of audiences.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.