Environmental Field Technician- Richmond, VA
2000 Trenton Avenue Richmond, VA 23234 US
- Follow applicable safety rules, regulations, guidelines, policies and site-specific safety plans when performing cleanup activities and donning protective gear
- Load and unload equipment from vehicles, trailers and watercraft
- Operate routinely used tools and equipment to include, but not limited to steam cleaners, water lasers, cascade systems, chemical mixers, generators, air saws, drills, grinders, cutting torches, etc.
- Perform routine inspection and preventive maintenance on assigned equipment and refer defects or needed repairs to supervisor
- Perform physical labor associated with cleanup activities, sample collection, waste removal and other remediation services
- Warehouse maintenance, stock supplies, building maintenance
- Complete required paperwork, forms and records as required
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Demonstrated ability in primary job functions (ER, MTC, Remediation, Asbestos)
- Requires minimal task specific supervision
- Self-sufficient in handling personal paperwork (expenses, timesheets, etc.)
- Understands basic safety concepts and adheres to requirements
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.