Environmental Project Manager (Remediation)
Batavia, IL 60510 US
• Oversees a portfolio of diverse environmental projects with varied local, state (IL/IN/MI/OH/KY) and federal regulatory drivers (i.e. LUST, MCP, Brownfields, RCRA, and Superfund).
• Supervises technical staff in order to complete deliverables including resource schedules, reports, technical memorandums, and proposals.
• Independently manages client interaction, project-level financial budgets, and resource allocation.
• Provides motivated senior project oversight and direction with expert technical input on complex projects.
• Reviews and/or drafts technical reports with a focus on quality and meeting client and regulatory objectives.
• Evaluates subsurface characteristics for soil, soil vapor, and groundwater remediation projects.
• Understands remedial systems and remedial applications under directives by a Professional Engineer.
• Prepares regulatory strategies for client advocacy and in anticipation of regulatory submittals and negotiations.
• Works collegially and communicates effectively with internal teams and business development leads to ensure functional and consistent client service.
• Conducts performance reviews for direct reports. Leads frequent team meetings to review current and future projects, discuss project and/or employee issues, and staff workloads.
• Holds a Bachelor's or Master's degree in geology, environmental science, or a similar scientific major.
Skills and Requirements:
• 5-10+ years of related experience. Experience should include: investigation, reporting, remediation, and management of remedial sites/projects in the Midwest.
• Working knowledge and application of IL/IN/MI/OH/KY regulations is desired.
• Technical report writing, client interaction, and supervision experience is a must.
• Authors site work plans, reports and proposals for more complex scopes of work including: comprehensive site characterizations and remedial action plans. These reports should contain multiple level and interrelated interpretations and conclusions as well as identify recommendations based on the conclusions.
• Must be able to demonstrate prior managerial experience (client, financial and personnel management).
• Qualified candidates will be able to demonstrate that they have been able to maintain account relationships for an extended period of time as a result of client satisfaction.
• Must possess excellent communication skills, work product quality, teamwork, organizational skills, technical writing, and client service skills.
• Professional certification(s) a plus (PE or PG).
• Business development leads a plus.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.