Environmental Project Manager
Coopersville, MI 49404 US
Successful candidate will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team in a fast-paced and dynamic environment providing due diligence and remediation services. Expectations include:
- Conducts Phase I ESAs to ASTM or higher standards.
- Conducts Phase II ESAs.
- Conduct and manage UST assessment and closure projects, with the associated regulatory reporting.
- Conduct or manage asbestos building inspections.
- Maintain existing client base and cultivate new client prospects.
- Understands due diligence and Michigan brownfield redevelopment processes.
- Demonstrates full knowledge of each project’s status and goals.
- Performs tasks across multiple disciplines to bring about successful project completion.
- Responds to customers in a timely manner.
- Other duties not listed may also apply.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Hydrogeology, Geology, or related from an accredited university.
- 8-10 years or more of Phase I and II Environmental Site Assessment (ESA) and site investigation experience.
- Experience with Michigan Department of Environment, Great Lakes and Energy programs, particularly underground storage tanks (USTs).
- Ability to effectively manage and coordinate staff and corporate leadership.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, proficient with Microsoft Office.
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER training and current with 8-hour refresher courses.
- Existing client base of industrial, financial institutions, developers, and attorneys.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.