Environmental Project Manager
Minneapolis, MN 55450 US
The Environmental Project Manager will be responsible for exercising independent judgment and discretion while executing all aspects of field service project management duties at client sites/facilities. Responsible to ensure the successful acquisition, performance, and completion of projects. Serve as the point of contact to ensure that negotiated contractual requirements and work scopes are being met in the field. Responsible for health and safety on all aspects of field projects. Reviews field tasks and develops the safety procedures associated with the scope of work and regulatory standards. Assesses and validates all individuals working on the project have appropriate training and certifications. Ensures all customer specific health and safety procedures are followed. ES Field Project Managers are the main point of contact to escalate issues and reports daily activity and to ensure a safe, compliant, and profitable project. ES Field Project Managers manage resources to accomplish identified priorities personally or through onsite field service leads.
PRINCIPLE RESPONSIBILITIES: · Actively engaged in all aspects of the project management duties including, but not limited to, contract management, quality control, project supervision, accounting, health & safety, and resource management.
· Responsible for managing all phases of proposal preparation and submission. Thoroughly reviews contracts and negotiated changes prior to contract execution to assure awareness of contents and requirements and ability to perform work.
· Performs work including, but not limited to, scope of work development, safety plans development, waste characterization, shipping, waste profiling and document preparation for field projects.
· Creates and tracks purchase orders to help monitor project spending and ensure all project budgets are balanced and achieving profitability.
· Coordinate proposal activities with proposal specialist and the assigned Territory Sales Executive.
· Works with Operations Manager and General Manager to ensure annual budgets are being met.
· Creates project invoices at job completion to be sent to customers. Ensures that invoices are reflected accurately as quoted to the customer and highlight any changes to the project scope and cost. Contacts clients to arrange payment on past due accounts.
· Develops and provides data and reporting to customers in a manner consistent with contract or purchase order specifications.
· Monitors subcontractor services for completeness or deficiencies. Communicates to ensure job safety requirements are being met. Reviews and negotiates change-orders.
· Works closely with sales team to propose customer solutions compliant with appropriate local, state, and federal regulations.
· Participate fully in marketing efforts in establishing new accounts, servicing existing accounts, and procuring new business opportunities.
· Responsible for assuring that all company-owned vehicles and equipment operate properly and safely and that required periodic maintenance and repairs are accomplished.
· Ensure that project cost reporting, revenue reporting and other financial data are accurate and submitted timely.
· Performs other, related duties as assigned or apparent. QUALIFICATIONS: · Bachelor’s degree preferred.
· Some positions may require a bachelor’s degree in Geology, Environmental Science or related field as required by customer contract.
· Knowledge of basic computer skills and Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint is essential.
· Knowledge of complex regulations specific to the environmental waste industry.
· Effective and professional communication skills.
· Strong customer service orientation.
· Ability to anticipate business needs and plan accordingly to ensure that equipment, employee, and fiscal resources are utilized in the most efficient manner.
· High level of analytical skill to develop a range of possible solutions to address a wide range of issues.
· Organizational skills.
· Ability to collaborate and encourage employee engagement.
· Good financial management and plan skills, ability to understand financial terms, budgets, tables, and reports. Ability to develop realistic, comprehensive plans to make efficient use of resources.
· Knowledgeable of current industrial safety practices and industrial hygiene.
· Competent in field-related work pertaining to industrial, construction, and environmental remediation situations.
· Must be detail oriented and possess technical aptitude.
· Ability to work under pressure, exercise independent judgment and select effective course of action while controlling resources and expenditures.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: · Knowledge and understanding of RCRA, DOT, TSCA, and other applicable regulations, typically gained through two or more years or progressively responsible experience in waste disposal, environmental site investigations, chemistry, or related field.
· Minimum 2 years-experience in field-related work or performing environmental site investigations.
· Valid driver’s license.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.