Environmental Regional Program Manager
Long Beach, CA 90712 US
Our client is looking for a Regional Program Manager who will be responsible for overseeing the performance of a group of major projects to assure the achievement of internal and client facing key performance indicators (KPIs) and project goals. The position requires an especially accomplished individual to interface with clients, lead and support business development opportunities, and lead/influence innovative strategies and solutions for a large portfolio of remediation sites. Applicants with verifiable experience in prominent roles performing and managing investigation/remediation of chemical/industrial/refining sites required.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Drives program performance to meet and/or exceed client satisfaction and KPIs
- Works with Operations to drive business performance and the attainment and exceedance of internal KPIs
- Participates in project reviews of major program/project dashboards/deep dives to identify issues and improve performance
- Embraces workflow optimization and adoption of digital tools
- Actively integrates global resources into project delivery to meet KPIs and manages the change associated with this transition
- Serves as staff team leader, mentor, and supervisor, including career development planning and senior management-staff-client-HR liaison.
- Builds, maintains, and facilitates trusting relationships with key contacts across client organizations
- Serves as a focal point for major issue resolution and provides rapid follow-up to address concerns
- Manages team staffing such as labor volume, utilization, resourcing, and assignments
- Actively drives change management
- Health and safety stewardship, including local field visits
- Works collaboratively with Client Account Managers and Environmental Business Line Leadership to grow profitable backlog and ensure financial success of their respective client program
- Develops budgets that allow for business development portfolio management, tracking & optimizing wins and bookings, and project oversight
- · Leads capture strategies for key pursuits and major projects within the program, ensures those strategies yield high capture rates, grows the business and relevant technical capabilities
- BA/BS in Geology, Engineering, Science, or related field and 6 years of Program/Project Management experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and education
- Due to the nature of work, US Citizenship is required.
- Ability to travel for on-site meetings and to develop client relationships
- Valid driver's license
- Experienced people manager
- Verifiable experience in prominent roles performing and managing investigation/remediation of chemical / industrial / refining sites
- At least 15 years overall professional experience with at least 10 of those years in a prominent role on remediation programs.
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal.
- Master's Degree or greater a plus in Geology, Engineering, Science, or related field.
- Strong knowledge and track record in the environmental / remediation business inclusive of risk-based strategic asset management and advocacy in multiple state jurisdictions working for an Environmental Consultant
- Excellent client management skills.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Superior communication skills (writing, editing, and reporting) for a wide variety of audiences.
- Excellent client management skills.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.