Environmental Specialist I
526 South Church Street Charlotte, NC 28202 US
Job Description: The successful candidate will be responsible for tasks ranging from high level - more complex technical and regulatory support, to simple administrative task support, to generating plants in the Carolinas service area (North Carolina, South Carolina). The primary subject areas for this support will be groundwater and landfill/waste management.
General responsibilities include:
- Provide regulatory compliance support for generating facilities.
- Provide technical support to Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and Groundwater Correct Action Program, Including, compiling data for regulatory-required and internal environmental reports.
- Provide limited administrative and financial system support to SMEs and Management.
- Managing multiple priorities and successfully completing task within specified timeframes.
Specific responsibilities may include performing or overseeing work in the following areas:
- Landfills: permitting, siting support, compliance reporting, and closure plan development.
- Groundwater: hydrogeologic investigation, monitoring well siting, modeling, and remediation.
- Preparation/review of environmental reports/calculations related to groundwater compliance and industrial waste landfills.
- Communicating with designers, operators, and maintenance consultants.
- Bachelors degree or higher in Engineering, Geology, Environmental Science, or other related field of study
- Coursework and/or experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Groundwater investigation and remediation
- Landfill permitting and operations
- Coal Combustion Residuals (CCR) management (disposal, reuse, etc.)
- Valid drivers license.
- Advanced degree in Engineering (Civil, Environmental), Geology, Environmental Science, or equivalent engineering/sciences discipline
- EIT certification
- Professional Engineer or Professional Geologist certification
- Understands systems and processes that comply with environmental laws and regulations, permit conditions, corporate policies, goals, and targets
- Office environment including extensive computer use
- Occasional work in a power plant or field environment with exposure to all types of weather
- Occasional mildly strenuous physical activity (extensive walking on uneven surfaces, climbing stairs/ladders, etc.)
- Occasional overtime work
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.