Equipment Technician II
271 County Rd 64 Big Flats, NY 14814 US
Scope of Position:
Provide on-shift technical support for manufacturing process. Perform 1st level process and equipment troubleshooting. Assist Manufacturing Team Leader with production system management.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Provide on-shift technical leadership
- Troubleshoot process and equipment issues
- Interpret engineering schematics and procedures
- Maintain production process; make repairs to equipment
- Adjust process parameters within established limits
- Execute experiments and engineering studies
- Perform and document preventative / predictive maintenance procedures
- Interface with Computer Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Perform calibrations and process checks
- Perform preventative maintenance on process equipment
- Publish production reports and shift turnover
- Minimal to none
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time:
- 40 hours/week with occasional overtime
- Rotating Shifts weekly; 12hr rotating (4 on 3 off; 3 on 4 off)
Required Education and Experience:
- AAS / or equivalent 2-year degree in Engineering Technology or related experience.
- Minimum 1+ years manufacturing experience.
- Broad engineering skills (process, equipment, controls, robots)
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing and maintenance systems
- Disciplined problem solving
- Leadership - Providing direction to production associates
- Strong communication skills
- Flexible and adaptable; willing to work outside of role to move the team forward
- Familiar with Robotics and/or automation- operation and maintenance
- Experience with Computerized Maintenance Managements systems (CMMS)
- Willingness to work outside of role to move the team forward
- Experience with electrical preferred.
- Dependable, highly motivated self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision
- Flexible and adaptable; willing to work outside of role to move the business forward
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.