560 Harrison Avenue Boston, MA 02118 US
We are currently looking for an Estimator to join our Boston office. Is your dedication to client satisfaction, accurate estimates, and positive partnerships your work passion? Do you enjoy high profile projects? Do you strive to always provide recommendations in the best interest of the client?
- Work in partnership with the project manager to plan the job prior to project initiation i.e. general conditions study, procurement schedule, logistics, etc
- Completes a thorough review of all documents to ensure that they accurately reflect the conversations and agreements with the client, Architect and Engineer
- Develop comprehensive understanding of project strategy and deploy this throughout the estimating process
- Ensures that the best bids are obtained for each trade, based on the needs of the project
- Structure a fair and comprehensive final sub bid process by incorporating all information from previous budgets, by educating all subs on the Shawmut view of the project, including, but not limited to detailed written scope of work, logistics, etc., so that they are all bidding on the same work
- 4+ years of experience in construction estimating or a related field (preferably in commercial construction).
- Vast knowledge of all trades: scope, time frames/field execution, typical missed scope/exposures
- Solid conceptual estimating experience
- Timberline (Precision Estimating) experience is a plus
- Experience estimating mid-large size projects including academic, life science, healthcare, hospitality a plus.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.