1000 Main St New Rochelle, NY 10801 US
Our client is seeking an Estimator for our office in New Rochelle, NY
They construct and rehabilitate highways, bridges, tunnels, mass-transit systems, and water management and wastewater treatment facilities. In short, we help our clients make “public works” work. Their corporate integrity, financial strength and outstanding record of performance makes us an attractive partner on large, sophisticated infrastructure projects.
From coast to coast, notable projects include The Purple Line (D Line) Extensions in Los Angeles, SR 99 Viaduct replacement tunnel in Seattle, East Side Access projects and the Hudson Yards Platform in New York, Central Subway Third Street Light Rail in San Francisco, and multiple airport expansions and bridge projects. At this company you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of large, high-profile, projects that impact your community.
- Reporting to the Vice President of Estimating
- Develop estimates for bridge, highway, railway, airports, dams, tunnels and / or transit projects.
- Read, analyze, interpret and obtain a thorough understanding of contract proposals, drawings and specifications.
- Both self-perform and/or direct others in quantity take-off for both unit price and lump sum project bidding schedules, summarizing in an Excel spreadsheet format.
- Analyze various scopes of work and produce comprehensive unit price estimates by creating production crews and including specific equipment and materials in a project cost software program. HCSS is the current project cost estimating program utilized.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, Construction Management or similar from an accredited institution and 10+ years of relevant estimating and project management experience.
- 5 or more years experience estimating for heavy civil projects
- Previous estimating experience on projects over $100M in value
- Good communication skills to effectively solicit and work with individual project owner’s representatives, material suppliers and subcontractors in pre-bid estimate preparations and post-bid negotiations.
- Capable of effectively working within a cohesive Heavy Civil estimating staff to facilitate comprehensive cost proposals and conclude efforts during joint venture team reviews on major projects when applicable.
- Previous experience in alternative delivery methods such as design/build and CMAR is preferred.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.