999 Oakmont Plaza Dr Westmont, IL 60559 US
The Estimator is responsible for the preparation of detailed and accurate estimates for electrical, telecom and general contracting projects. The Estimator also fosters collaborative relationships with the project teams as well as taking a proactive role in developing relationships with clients, contractors and suppliers.
We’re looking for your to do the following:
- Plans/Specifications - Ability to review and understand the plans, specifications, notes, addendums, Q&A, etc.
- Demonstrate strong organizational, time management and written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to attend prebid meeting, take pictures and perform site measurements
- Perform quantity take-off
- Analyze estimates to determine required trades and setup subcontractor / supplier call list.
- Write Subcontractor / Supplier Scopes
- Email "Requests for Quotes" to solicit pricing from appropriate subcontractors / suppliers.
- Price both lump sum and unit price estimates
- Organize and analyze subcontractor/material quotations
- Structures - Estimating Ability
- Infrastructure - Estimating Ability
- Complete self-perform Bill of Material and labor estimates for work that will be completed by JBCC forces – Earthwork, Utilities, Concrete, Carpentry & Electrical
- Complete self-perform Bill of Material and labor estimates for work that will be completed by JBCC forces - Electrical
- Develop project budget by utilizing previous estimate cost history
- Analyze bid documents to determine inherent risk and competitive advantage
- Develop and implement a "Win Strategy”
- Develop DBE, MBE, WBE & VBE Plans to give JBCC competitive advantage
- Conduct Labor Reviews with Construction Managers and Program Managers
- Develop a project schedules
- Negotiate Bid Day Pricing with Subcontractors / Suppliers
- Write Contracts and Purchase Orders...Review Contracts / PO's written by others for accuracy.
- Schedule and conduct estimate handoff meetings. Demonstrates ability to hold individuals accountable for handoff deliverables
- Leadership - Clearly demonstrate leadership ability and be seen as leader among peers
- A team-based culture that rewards collaboration, problem solving and process improvement
- A commitment to your professional development
- Varied career path opportunities across the different disciplines in the company
- A new, robust enterprise resource planning software solution launching in 2022
- Great benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 401K with company contribution, profit sharing, long-term disability
- Team outings, and an opportunity to get involved and make a difference with various charities in the community
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.