9400 Ward Parkway Kansas City, MO 64114 US
- Provide excellent customer service. Respond to fix requests/problems in a timely and courteous manner
- Follow-up with the customer to ensure satisfactory resolution of the issue.
- Ensure that there is 24-hour emergency coverage for the property when ON CALL.
- Maintain heating equipment, chillers (air and/ or water cooled), DX units, pumps, cooling towers, fan coil units, VAV, and air distribution systems, etc.
- Monitor and adjust all mechanical/pneumatic equipment, valves, thermostats, diffusers, and other equipment necessary to provide a comfortable environment for the buildings
- Operate computerized Energy Management systems.
- Repair doors, ceilings, hand railings, and floors and other general repairs, adjustments and installations about the property
- Perform repairs to plumbing fixtures (water closets, urinals, flush valve assemblies, lavatories, etc.)
- Perform preventive maintenance duties in accordance with building protocol, manufacturer recommendations and industry best practices. including changing filters, cleaning coils, flushing condensers, greasing fan, pump and motor bearings as required, inspecting and adjusting belts, replacing motor bearings, aligning pulleys and shafts, monitor condenser, chilled, heating and secondary water chemical treatment and its associated feed equipment, clean and maintain cooling towers, and perform annual inspections and other scheduled routines as directed.
- Replace lamps, light fixtures
- Reinstall or replace signage
- Verify mechanical rooms are clean and clear of obstructions and debris
- Check for properly operating emergency exit signs and lights and ensure free and clear access to emergency stairs and exits. Perform additional fire and life safety inspections as per building protocol and as directed by superiors and property management
- Document and report activities to supervisor
- Respond immediately to emergency situations (fire, evacuation, equipment failure, etc.) and maintenance concerns
- Comply with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency, and company directives as relates to building operations and practice safe work habits
- Perform other building maintenance duties as assigned.
- Good computer skills
- Microsoft Office – Word & Excel
- Knowledge of basic systems and principals
- Basic electrical
- Basic plumbing
- Carpentry/construction knowledge
- Problem solving
- Team oriented
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.