135 Constitution Boulevard Franklin, MA 02038 US
Cold Chain Technologies - Franklin, MA
Salary: up to $90k
20% Direct Hire Fee
100% Onsite role
Notes from Manager
- Candidates must be fully Covid Vaccinated (Booster up to date)
- Engineering Degree is mandatory
The Facility Manager ensures optimal functioning of building systems including; fire/life safety, mechanical, electrical, production and laboratory equipment, preventive maintenance programs and is also responsible to manage the Plant Technicians.
- Responsible to manage a staff of plant technicians.
- Maintain proper operation of all building systems and equipment including; fire/life safety, mechanical, electrical, and production and laboratory equipment.
- Inspect building systems and equipment for problems, troubleshoot issues, make repairs as necessary, and escalate more complex repairs to the Plant Manager.
- Responsible to develop and manage facility renovation and improvement program.
- Oversee contractors for facility renovation and improvement projects.
- Approve all work performed by outside contractors.
- Responsible to develop and manage the facility preventative maintenance program.
- Lead plant maintenance training programs and initiatives.
- Comply with all safety and environmental procedures, including hazardous control, lockout – tag out programs, and other building awareness programs.
- Research and justify cost savings measures to reduce plant operating expenses.
- BSIE, BSME, or BS in Engineering Technology or related engineering field preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in facilities management position.
- 5-8 years of experience in production engineering.
- Working knowledge of fire/life safety, electrical, mechanical and HVAC systems.
- Able to read and understand complex electrical, mechanical and automation systems plans, drawings and documentation.
- Strong understanding of manufacturing control and maintenance systems.
- Hands on experience problem solving, troubleshooting equipment, and process improvement.
- Experience in equipment maintenance programs is a plus.
- Experience applying Continuous Improvement, Lean Manufacturing/6 Sigma principles.
- Excellent project management skills; ability to plan and implement projects from concept to completion.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with others in a positive and collaborative manner.
- Ability to be flexible and able to adapt to changes in priorities.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office applications; Word, Excel, Access, as well as Adobe Acrobat, etc.
- MRP and AutoCAD software experience is desirable.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. on occasion.
- Available for occasional travel.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.