Facilities Project Manager
9465 Farnham Street San Diego, CA 92123 US
Our client is seeking an experienced and dedicated Facilities Project Manager to join their non-profit organization. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing, coordinating, and overseeing all aspects of facilities projects, from planning and design to execution and completion. This includes handling budgets, coordinating with contractors, ensuring adherence to building codes and regulations, and supervising maintenance and renovation projects. The ideal candidate will have a keen eye for detail, excellent project management skills, and a deep commitment to our organization's mission.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
· Develop, plan, and implement project strategies for our facilities, including construction, renovation, and maintenance projects.
· Collaborate with internal teams and external contractors to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
· Oversee and manage all phases of the projects from conception to completion.
· Coordinate with architects, engineers, and other construction and building specialists.
· Ensure all projects adhere to all building codes, regulations, and quality standards.
· Prepare and present project proposals, reports, and findings to senior management.
· Manage project budgets, including tracking expenses and ensuring all projects remain within budgetary limits.
· Foster relationships with vendors, contractors, and community stakeholders.
· Comply with all federal, state, and local regulations regarding non-profit facilities management.
· Serve as contact for owners/landlords as well as vendors and contract service providers.
· Oversee the functioning of all building systems including mechanical, electrical, fire/life safety, and plumbing.
· Ensure building operations comply with all local zoning laws and regulations and obtain zoning approval as needed.
· Provides support to launch new programs and close existing programs.
· Site Inspections: conduct site inspections with Manager no less than every other year for all sites.
· Assist Facilities Manager with upkeep of lease database, including facility lease renewals.
· Initiate facility-related damage claims with the insurance company under the direction of the Facilities Manager.
· Support sites with fire inspections and ensuring fire extinguishers are current.
· Provide excellent customer service support to internal and external customers.
· Comply with all Company rules, policies, and procedures including HIPAA standards.
· High school diploma or equivalent required.
· Bachelor's degree in Facilities Management, Construction Management, Engineering, or related field.
· A minimum of 5 years of experience in facilities management or a related field, preferably within a non-profit environment.
· Proven experience in project management and facilities operations.
· Strong knowledge of construction materials, processes, and equipment.
· Familiarity with federal, state, and local building codes and regulations.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to make decisions under pressure.
· Capability of effective planning and priority setting. Ability to manage several complex projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines.
· Enjoy working in an office environment as well as in the field working with diverse populations.
· Ability to travel up to 30%.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and project management software.
· Certification as a Project Management Professional (PMP) is preferred.
· AppFolio, LeaseCake, or similar property management software knowledge a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.