Facility Health and Safety Professional
2701 Refinery Road Melrose, IL 62305 US
Facility Health and Safety (H&S) Professional (Pro): reports to the Complex EHS Manager.
The Safety Technician will perform various tasks to support the plant wide safety goals including maintaining records for regulatory compliance, perform inspections according to manufacturer or OSHA guidance, deliver required safety training, assist the safety committees, and be a technical safety resource for the departments.
- Build management and employee dedication and enthusiasm for safety through effective Leadership and Influence.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of health and safety programs and policies through consistent monitoring and auditing.
- Knowledge and Understanding of a multitude of health and safety regulations and policies with the ability to communicate the requirements effectively and assist the facility with implementation and management.
- Lead, support and encourage the actions that are leading indicators, tracked by a safety management index.
- Provide leadership and accountability for safety reporting requirements in a computer safety management system.
- Act as a Champion and Mentor for colleague safety engagement that comes in many forms including Values Based (behavior) Safety.
- Lead or have integral involvement in incident investigations.
- Lead and provide oversight of injured colleague cases.
- Maintain, inspect, test and repair designated safety equipment and supplies.
- Assist with holding drills, training, and practices for HazMat and Confined Space Rescue.
- Assist with Safety Training
- Provide a positive safety example. Communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels.
- Bachelors degree strongly preferred, waivable with extraordinary experience
- Shown leadership skills demonstrated by resume
- Effective oral and written communication skills, including public presentation ability
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft office and the ability to quickly learn and utilize other standardized systems
- Proven ability to work effectively and enthusiastically on a team
- Proven ability to recognize hazards, assess risk and recommend controls
- The position requires the ability to work in a variety of environments: office environment and varying indoor and outdoor environments to include extreme heat and cold
- The position requires the ability to stand and walk for prolonged periods as well as climb stairs.
- Must be organized, possess time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.