Field Application Engineer (Material Handling)
Dallas, TX 75247 US
Position Summary: The Material Handling Field Application Engineer is responsible for collaborating with fellow project team members to implement new products and drive improvements to existing commercial products. This individual will work with Sales, Customers, and cross-functional NPD project team members to ensure the successful deployment of new Mechanical Systems products and integrated solutions involving Core Plastics, Material Handling, Technology and Services.
Accountabilities and Core Performance Behaviors
• Living Our Values
o Embrace Client’s Vision, Mission, and Values. Use these as guidelines for your everyday work.
• Collaborates and Customer Focus
o Work with Customers and Sales during opportunity discovery to capture needs / wants for the solution, customer challenges, process flow, solution value, identify competitive offerings, product performance requirements, quality expectations and success metrics.
o Collaborate with fellow stakeholders to drive alignment on key project deliverables, milestones, project success metrics and time to market expectations.
o Develop internal and external product validation plans and testing protocols with the NPD team that align with industry standards.
o Develop implementation plans alongside Services for supporting new product commercialization.
o Drive faster customer adoption of Material Handling Equipment and integrated products (Core, Material Handling, Technology, Services) by providing NPD insight through in field support.
o Provide onsite Material Handling NPD engineering support with Sales and Service teams during customer site evaluation and implementation activities.
o Provide field performance and customer insights to R&D Engineers.
• Situational Adaptability, Decision Quality and Drives Results
o Take ownership of product lifecycle and continuous improvement activities after commercialization.
o Document and support product revisions based on field performance and feedback.
o Drive quick-timeline design and development of derivative products or accessories based on customer needs and feedback to accelerate customer adoption.
o Demonstrate a fluent understanding of and consistent adherence to Client’s phase gate process, New Product Development SOPs and practices.
• Self-Development o Actively engage in learning to improve engineering, technical, communication and presentation skills. DES-1102 Rev NC Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electromechanical Engineering or related technical degree.
• 3-5 years professional design or product development experience required internal or external to Client.
• Successful track record of leading and driving projects to completion in a collaborative team environment.
• Ability to identify and quantify the customer value of a solution being developed.
• Working knowledge of SolidWorks (2D and 3D), Microsoft Office, etc.
• Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to clearly communicate with project team members and build rapport with others internally and externally.
• Highly creative with the ability to conceptualize, develop, prototype, manage and execute multiple projects at once with a team of Engineers.
• Flexibility to travel to customer and supplier sites as well as other Client facilities 50% of the time.
• Familiarity with sensors, robotics, complex mechanical design and various controls along with experience specifying hardware and software options for automation systems.
• Hands-on experience with integrating sensors and electronics in both mobile and permanent structures including RFID, camera, and related sensors along with communications systems such as Bluetooth, WIFI and Cellular.
• Strong mechanical aptitude with an eagerness to perform hands on activities from concept through customer installation.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.