Charlotte, NC 28269 US
Are you highly motivated, hard-working, and seeking to join a growth-focused environmental consulting & engineering firm? Are you looking for a company that will invest in your development and grow your professional skills? If so, consider a career with Apex.
Powered by record sales, extraordinary client retention, strategic acquisitions, and an entrepreneurial spirit, Apex Companies is one of the fastest growing environmental consulting and engineering firms in the US. We take pride in keeping our clients happy and have earned numerous awards for project excellence. We continue to grow, and we want you to grow with us.
Your Responsibilities as a Field Geologist:
- Serve as senior technical lead on cumulative project total >$750K annually
- Perform and oversee sampling, drilling, monitoring, and other project-related field tasks on geological and environmental projects.
- Write and review technical reports and proposals
- Contribute to the successful business development of new clients and projects
- Prepare and deliver technical & marketing presentations
- Assist with project management activities
- Mentor and train scientific staff and ensure quality work product
- Actively develop your own career growth
Why you'll love working for us:
- Company-subsidized medical and dental.
- Company-paid life, short, and long-term disability.
- 401k match, tuition assistance, and more.
- Cross-training and the ability to work on a variety of projects.
- Performance-based bonuses or other incentives.
- Working with the best and brightest in the industry.
- 1,000+ employee national firm with 50+ locations across the US.
What we're looking for:
- BS in Geology, Hydrogeology, Environmental Science, or other related field. Master's degree is preferred
- NC Licensed PG certification required
- Minimum 5 years of experience providing environmental consulting services including field operations, technical writing, and technical oversight for a variety of project types
- Experience completing and leading field operations for geological and environmental projects
- Ability to mentor and train staff
- Ability to travel throughout the division (NC, SC, GA, TN) approximately 25-50% with occasional travel throughout the Southeast (5-10%)
- Willingness to work in the field completing, leading, and overseeing project activities on a routine basis
- Strong technical writing and communication skills
- Strong safety awareness and a good record and understanding of safe work practices
- 40-hour HAZWOPER certification
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Experience with job cost accounting, is a plus
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.