Field Service Technician
2530 W Everett St Appleton, WI 54914 US
· Troubleshoot and repair mechanical and electrical equipment in the field.
· Interpret mechanical drawings, specifications, electrical schematics and wiring diagrams.
· Inform management and compile reports/summaries on services performed.
· Effectively explain and train on function of equipment to customers.
· Work constructively with customers.
· Valid driver’s license with good driving record.
· Be within 1 hour of a major airport.
· Basic hand tools required. List is attached.
· Interpersonal skills required. Proficient in written and oral communication.
Supervisory responsibilities: None
Work environment: Mostly indoor plant environment along with a moderate office environment. Noise level moderate with machines running.
Physical demands: Able to sit, stand, walk throughout the scheduled work shift. Able to lift and/or move up to 60 lbs.
Travel: Up to 90% travel, may include nights and weekends.
Education and experience:
· Previous experience with food packaging machines. PLC knowledge ideal but not required.
· 3-10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in an electromechanical field.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.