Field Supervisor III (Gas)
25 Hub Dr Melville, MA 11747 US
- Sound implementation of construction policies and procedures that maximize customer satisfaction and fulfill statutory requirements while meeting or exceeding company growth goals.
- Direct all aspects of the construction process to meet Company goals while remaining fully compliant and within budgetary limitations ensuring the timely and cost-effective installation of facilities.
- Monitor safety, performance, productivity, and workload as needed to maximize efficiencies and cost-effectiveness.
- Facilitate and support the construction process.
- Manage the utilization of resources (personnel, vehicles, and equipment) to ensure a timely response, monitor safety, performance, productivity, and workload, and re-balance as needed to maximize efficiencies and cost-effectiveness.
- Ensure that all work is performed in accordance with Company standards and procedures, PSC Code requirements, OSHA, and municipal rules and regulations.
- Ensure accurate reporting of work including SOPs, work order historicals, daily completion reporting, sketches, Operations Qualification, etc.
- Coordination of work packages to the team and ensuring representation on all projects before starting.
- Attend required Field Meetings necessary to progress the projects, including pre-construction meetings, safety meetings, notifications, and all daily tailgate meetings.
- Submit Daily Paperwork with photo documentation.
- Personal vehicle, and driver’s license required
- Must have a computer and device capable of taking pictures (smartphone or digital camera)
- 5+ years of proven managerial experience with a focus on construction policies and practices.
- NGA Operator Qualifications required – Covered Task 70 (Properties of Natural Gas and Abnormal Operating Conditions) and Covered Task 71 (Excavation & Backfill).
- Thorough knowledge of Company policies and procedures, and technical competence to prudently apply these to support construction operations.
- Extensive knowledge of the gas transmission and distribution system, engineering, construction & maintenance practices, gas utilization equipment, gas metering, and the electric distribution system; Federal, State, and Municipal Codes, Company standards and procedures as well as computer operations are essential.
- Familiarity with Construction standards, Work Methods, Rules for Safe Operation, and associated procedures, knowledge of Company policies, and the application of the Collective Bargaining Agreement are needed.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are required, in addition to planning, organizing, and computer skills.
- Prior experience dealing with diverse groups such as gas and/or electric customers, government officials, etc. in a tactful and diplomatic manner is vital.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.