GSP Environmental Compliance Coordinator
12505 Lucky Hill Road Remington, VA 22734 US
Pay: $70-80 /hr
ECC for Power Station. Project consists of Silencer Demolition and Replacement for units 2 and 3 during upcoming fall outage.
At specific work location, ensure company compliance with environmental, chemical and waste management and permit regulations. Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of work site to comply with regulatory and company standards and procedures. Serves as point of contact between Project Management and PG Environmental for relevant issues. Coordinate with and monitor operations and personnel to ensure project site compliance with environmental, chemical safety, waste management, wildlife management, rules and regulations, etc.
- Understand and enforce Supplemental Terms & Conditions, Part III - Environmental Requirements, pages 72 - 84.
- Conduct inspections or assessments and provide advice or recommendations regarding compliance issues to Project Management.
- Analyze and evaluate data and prepare reports to keep management apprised of site environmental compliance or safety records.
- Serve as primary project coordinator with internal department regarding environmental compliance.
- Ensure appropriate processes, procedures, and systems are in place to maintain environmental compliance on the project(s).
- Investigation of non-compliance events.
- Make the appropriate internal notifications of a non-compliance event.
- Identify root causes of environmental problems and propose appropriate action plans.
- Implement corrective actions to a non-compliance event.
- Prepare data and enter Station Environmental Issues and Near Misses on Key Performance Indicators/Environmental Event Alert Process or work with PG Environmental to do so.
- Coordinate hazardous waste disposal.
- Identify services or materials for the administration and implementation of environmental/safety programs.
- Ensure that systems are in place to (1) identify who needs training, (2) assign the training, and (3) verify that training was completed.
- Provide training to site personnel related to the Supplemental Term & Conditions (Environmental Requirements).
- Stay updated with new developments in environmental policies and regulations.
- The Environmental Compliance Coordinator is expected to maintain a physical presence in the field for at least 80% of the duration of the workday and address issues as they arise with the contractor and project management team.
- Maintain required training, qualifications, and certifications necessary for responsibilities.
- Evaluate new regulations and coordinate compliance plan.
- Bachelors degree (Preferred) in Environmental Sciences, Environmental Management, or related discipline.
- Skilled in use of personal computer and Microsoft software (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Power Station experience is a must.
- Skilled in problem solving, attention to detail.
- Ability to work and develop rapport with all levels of management and staff.
- Ability to coordinate the resolution of technical problems and implement changes.
- Responsible Land Disturber
- DOT Hazardous Waste Transportation
- Underground Storage Tank Inspector
- Registered Environmental Manager
- Registered Environmental Professional
- Certified Environmental and Safety Compliance Officer
- Registered Environmental Property Assessor SM
- Certified Environmental Auditor SM
- Registered Industrial Hygiene Professional.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.